Creativity in any field consists of:
Often with musical creativity, we struggle with one or the other. Here are a list of different “forms” you can use for your musical ideas. Think of it like a song writing swipe file.
- Rome – Cities of Asylum – Vocal repetition as a bridge
- Stevie McLaughlin – Between Life & Death 1st verse has just drums then riff
- Last Chorus in a song – Yngwie Malmsteen – You Don’t Remember, I’ll Never Forget
- Starting a guitar solo – Yngwie Malmsteen – Liar
- Chorus ideas – Judas Priest – Rock Hard, Ride Free
- Song Endings – Judas Priest – Fever